Friday, October 23, 2015

A late Season Fishing Trip Turned Out Memorable

I was out fishing the Seekonk River last week and no matter what I did could not find fish, so I made the decision to make the run all the way into Pawtucket from the Bold State Park boatramp, but still went fishless for the day.

As of the middle of October 2015 the rivers are still holding a good amount of bait, but not much in the way of any predator fish. The day did not turn out all that bad, in fact it was a day to remember. 

In all my years of fishing around the Pawtucket and Providence waterways I have never seen a Bald Eagle. Well, last week I went out in search of a few late season Blues and Stripers and spotted this guy at the new waterfront park on the Blackstone River, next to the old Apex building. They completed the beautiful park this year which was known as the "Old Parent's Marina."

I was catching some bait and happened to look up and almost fell out of the skiff after seeing this awesome bird just a few feet away from me. They are truly intimidating critters up close.

The first clip is a scan of the Bullocks Point and Conimicut Point areas - other clip shows a school of bait fish (Menhaden), in the main Providence shipping channel, gathering together to make the migration out of the bay to open water - The last clip is a juvenile Bald Eagle waiting to snatch a meal from all the birds feeding on the peanut and adult bunker in Pawtucket.

 The day did not produce any fish but turned out to be a great day on the water.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment